Smoked Pork Belly Chunks
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 hours
Total Time 5 hours 15 minutes
• 5-pound slab pork belly, cut into 2 inch cubes
I had my butcher do all this work
• 3 tbls extra virgin olive oil
• Dry Rub:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup kosher salt
4 tbls smoked paprika
2 tbls freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tbls cumin
1/2 tbls onion powder
1/2 tbls garlic powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 cup favorite BBQ sauce, I used KC Masterpiece
• 3 tbls unsalted butter
• 2 tbls honey
1. Preheat smoker to 225 – 250 degrees using cherry wood.
2. Place pork belly cubes into a large bowl.
3. Add olive oil and dry rub liberally and then place cubes onto a wire rack or directly on the
4. Smoke uncovered for three hours. You’re looking for just a little bark but not too much.
5. Remove the pork belly cubes from the smoker and place into a foil pan and then add your
BBQ sauce, butter, and honey, and stir.
6. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place back on the smoker.
7. Cook for an additional 90 minutes or until the internal temperature is about 200 degrees
Fahrenheit (93 degrees Celsius).
8. Remove the foil, close the lid to the smoker, and smoke for another 15 minutes to let the
sauce thicken up.
9. Remove from smoker and enjoy.